Thursday, July 2, 2009

Leopard Orchid, oil on linen, 43 x 25

Africa provides endless inspiration, such variety, so many moods, from adrenaline pumping action to peace and beauty, always something new. We actually saw this leopard in the tree with the leopard orchid, the latter was not as co-operative as the leopard as it wasn't flowering at the time but with some research I was able to solve that.

This is my submission for the Jackson Hole Art Auction this year, www.jacksonholeartauction.com. Part of the proceedes of the auction will be donated to the National Museum of Wildlife Art, where I am featured painter this year.

1 comment:

Edward California said...

The Leopard reminds me of the Moose I have seen on the web. I think you call it "The Far Left". Not sure of the title. But this Leopard too starts from the left side of the frame work.

Then I looked at my bear drawing in color... it too is from the left side of the frame.

Just an observation.

Edward
California